Our Organization's Goals
- Serve as an organization of Filipino businessmen and professionals in the Pacific Northwest for a common goal.
- Provide a center of information on trade and business among members and other entities.
- Promote and develop business ethical standards among members.
- Support issues affecting member businessmen and professionals.
- Assist members to succeed in their particular field.
- Perform such other purposes allowed under the Washington Corporation Act as a non-profit corporation.
Our Organization's Mission
To enable our Filipino American businesspersons and professionals achieve optimum success in their entrepreneurial and venture enterprises thereby contributing to the economic well-being of and wealth building in our Filipino community.
The Filipino Chamber of Commerce
The Filipino Chamber of Commerce of the Pacific Northwest was first organized in 1972. Some Key officers and members who were involved with the Chamber were Manuel Rustia, a university professor, Philip Sarmiento, a consular commercial attaché, and businessmen like Ben Santos , Vincent Lawsin, and restaurateur Tony Del Fierro. Due to inactivity the Chamber folded in late 1970’s. It was however revived in 1983 by some members of the inactive Chamber and some new faces in the business community. However, history repeated itself. The Chamber lost its steam and folded after about two years from its revival.
The Chamber was again established in 1993 and with a strong membership of entrepreneurs, investors, and service providers, the Chamber prided itself with being at the right place where relevant developments unfold. In 2003 the Chamber was part of Seattle trade delegation to the Philippines. Two years later the Chamber earned regional attention when it sponsored its 2005 USA- Philippines International Trade Conference in Seattle with more than 50 business leaders and owners from the Philippines attending. In the mid and late 2000s the Chamber became very active with the State government in collaboration with other ethnic chambers across the State.
Our Past Presidents
January 2022 - Present
April 2014 to December 2021
April 2013 to May 2014
April 2010 to March 2012
April 2006 to March 2010
Bert Golla, CPA
1994 to March 2006
1993 to 1994
Lalaine Bennet Wong
1983 to 1985
(Former 1963 Miss Universe, 3rd runner up)